This is a guide to the best and most interesting of what both the Internet and the world of books has to offer on the subject of religion. “Best” and “religion” are, of course, terms that sit uncomfortably together in the same sentence, so perhaps a word or two about our philosophy in assembling this list is appropriate.
“Best” is defined by us as being most helpful from the viewpoint of increasing one’s knowledge in a given area. “Religion” is defined as any of the world’s religions, past or present, large or small, as well as areas of study related to religion, such as angelology and demonology.
- Loves of the Angels – interesting essay by the Irish poet Thomas Moore.
- Astrology and the Bible
- Catholic Online – Good resource for information on Catholic faith, including a guide to saints.
- Coptic Christianity – The Christian Church in Egypt.
- Foundation Stones in Revelation
- Gnosis Archive – Information on gnosticism.
- Greek Orthodox – Archdiocese of America home page.
- History of the Catholic Church
- Holy Blood, Holy Grail.
- Mystic Christianity – Essay by Manly P. Hall.
- Portraiture of Quakerism.
- Religious Society of Friends.
- Demonology – listing of major demons and their areas of activity, as well as some additional information of interest.
- Demonic Possession and Exorcism.
- Elizabethan Demonology.
- Phantom World, by Augustine Calmet.
- Celtic Revivals of Paganism
- Gypsy Origin of Witchcraft – of historical interest.
- Mysteries of the Druids
- Witchcraft, by James Russell Lowell
Folklore – see Folklore & Mythology
- I Attend a Unitarian Universalist Service
- Unitarian Universalist Association – This association represents over 1,000 liberal congregations in North America.