Times for celebration, times for sharing, times for loving, times for remembering . . .
Our goal here is to honor many cultures and religions with this listing, and hope that you will help us in this continuing work by contributing suggestions.
- Flag Day – June 14th
- Groundhog Day
- Groundhog Day now always makes us think of that excellent movie “Groundhog Day” with Bill Murray and Andie McDowell. A good idea is to buy a copy of the video and watch it every Groundhog Day. (Only downside – you may end up humming The Pennsylvania Polka afterwards, and people may think that’s a bit weird – but then, why worry what people think?)
- Imbolc – article on the World Spirituality website.
- Independence Day – For citizens of the United States, the Fourth of July.
- Memorial Day
- The Boy in Gray – A Ballad for Memorial Day
- St. Patrick’s Day
- New Year Resolutions
- Samhain – The beginning of the Celtic year.
- Valentine’s Day